Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 4

We had a LONG drive through Yellowstone to Devil's Tower, Wyoming.  It was a really nice drive because Wyoming is a beautiful state - lots of big beautiful rock formations and red rocks.  I couldn't wait to get to Devil's Tower, because it is the background of the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."  That movie was one of mine and my Dad's favorites to watch together, and then later became a favorite movie for us to watch with Amanda.  So, when we got near Devil's Tower, I started to get a little teary.  I know my Dad would have loved it!  It's such an awesome place to see!  John and I took the 1.3 mile hike around the tower, so we could see it from every direction.  I took so many pictures of the tower, but I'll only upload a few.

Gas Price:  $3.81 - Tensleep, WY

Beautiful Wyoming.

This dirt road is actually part of the highway in Wyoming.

I couldn't wait to get to Devil's Tower!

Devil's Tower, Wyoming.

Beautiful red rock of Wyoming.

Closer view of Devil's Tower.

Me standing in front of Devil's Tower.

It's amazing close-up.

Some crazy guy climbing the side of Devil's Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment