Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 10

May 26 - Today was such a wonderful day!!!  We spent the day in Lancaster (where the Amish live) with my cousins, Dick, Millie, Carl, Becky and Donald.  Becky and I are close in age and we haven't seen each other in almost 20 years, but it was almost like we've been in contact all these years!  We had so much fun together!  And John and Becky's husband, Donald, were busy scheming behind us while us girls were busy shopping!  We couldn't believe they had just met!  We did a lot of shopping at this great place called Kitchen Kettle and bought some cute things.  We had homemade ice cream for lunch and then went to the biggest smorgasbord in Lancaster County called, Shady Maples.  OMG, that place was amazing!!!  We ate so much food, including the best roast beef I've had in a long time, and amazing desserts!!!  After that we did a little more shopping, and I found the Amish quilt of my dreams.  My wonderful husband kindly let me buy it, so now I'm bringing home a beautiful quilt that I can't wait to put in my room!  I'll have to post pictures of that when we get home.  It's gorgeous - blue, burgundy, green, in the Mariner's Postage Stamp pattern.  It was such a wonderful day, and we laughed so much throughout the whole day!

I love the Amish horse and buggies.

John and I at Kitchen Kettle.

This is awesome!!!  A horse tied up in front of a store.

Blue Ball Bowling Lanes.  Blue Ball is a town in Lancaster County.

Dick and Millie's house, built in the late 1800's.

No comments:

Post a Comment