Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 8

Today we left Ohio early so that we could drive straight through to Pennsylvania.  The weather was beautiful until we got off of the freeway at our exit in Pennsylvania; then it started to pour and thunder and lightening!!! We arrived safely at my cousin, Millie and Dick's house.  Fortunately it stopped raining in time for the big celebration.  The whole family started to arrive!  There were 35 of us here for a big family BBQ.  It was so awesome to see people I haven't seen in 20 years and to meet people I've never met before.  We are staying here for a few days, so we'll get to spend more time with family this weekend.  My Dad and Mom would have loved to be here with us.  And I guess in a way they were here.  I'm sure my Dad had some pull to get the sun to shine for our BBQ.

We finally arrived in Pennsylvania!

Me with my Dad's brothers,
my Uncles Terry and David.

My cousin, Becky's family.

My Uncle David's family.

All of us!!!  A big huge family BBQ!

My cousin, Esther's family.

My cousin, Rachel's family.

My cousin, Lester's family.

My cousin, Marcia's family.

John and I with my cousin Millie and Dick
(we stayed at their house).

John and I with my cousin, Sarah & Mike.


No comments:

Post a Comment